Personal information is collected under the authority of the University of Ottawa Act, 1965, submitted to it by a student, employee, alumni, donor or other individuals and is intended to be used for the purposes of and those consistent with the administration of University programs and activities and in order to carry out other University services and functions, including the following:
- recruitment, admission and registration, academic programs and evaluations, graduation
- evaluation of academic and non-academic programs
- assisting student associations and the University's Alumni Association
- financial assistance and awards
- alumni and development activities
- institutional planning and statistics
- reporting to government agencies and professional licensing bodies
- employment related matters
- safety and security
- promotion in its print electronic and internet publications.
Questions by an individual regarding the collection and use of their own personal information in a particular instance should be addressed to the University faculty, administrative office or service responsible for such collection and use.