This new position is another concrete step the University is taking to combat racism and make our campus a welcoming environment for all members of our community.
The Special Advisor will:
- Lead the anti-racism and inclusion file, and be the public face of the University of Ottawa on this issue;
- Work with the Human Rights Office, faculties and services, and all student groups to achieve goals of anti-racism and inclusion;
- Help raise awareness and communicate anti-racism and inclusion actions/priorities on campus;
- Communicate with the multitude of stakeholders across campus and in the broader community;
- Propose appropriate structures for the University of Ottawa to be equipped to advance the anti-racism and inclusion file.