Food Services has put in place multiple measures to reduce waste on campus.
- 100% of used cooking oil is transformed into biofuel.
- Campus-wide ban on Styrofoam food packaging.
- First Ontario university to ban the sale of bottled water.
- Campus-wide composting of food production scraps redirect tons of organic matter from landfill.
- Zero-waste design of Dining Hall reduced take-out packaging by nearly a million items per year.
- Food Recovery Program collects and donates close to 30,000 items of unsold meals and snacks in a single academic year.