The Charter has two Calls to Action:
- To embed health into all aspects of campus culture, across the administration, operations and academic mandates;
- To lead health promotion action and collaboration locally and globally.
uOttawa and the Okanagan Charter
- In June 2015, delegates from the uOttawa community participated in the development of the Charter, and brought back its principles to their colleagues in the uOttawa community.
- In December 2019, the uOttawa Board of Governors received a presentation about the recommendations in the upcoming report.
- In January 2020, the was formally shared with the Board of Governors, and they approved the recommendation to implement the Okanagan Charter. - Mental Health and Wellness Report 2020
- In December 2020, the proposed 12 recommendations and they were endorsed by the President. The first recommendation included signing the Okanagan Charter.
- On January 18, 2021, uOttawa officially signed and adopted the Okanagan Charter. Members of the uOttawa community are also invited to pledge their support.