Step 1: Attend international mobility session
Considering an international work term? Then this information session is a must! Given the challenges with securing an international work term, it is advised that you attend the session scheduled approximately nine months prior to your expected departure.
Step 2: Attend an individual meeting with one of our specialists to get help finding a placement abroad.
After attending the information session, the next step is to meet with a CO-OP professional development specialist.
During this individual consultation you will
- establish and structure your international job search plan;
- learn strategies to overcome the typical challenges with an international job search;
- connect with a CO-OP ambassador that has completed an international work term;
- establish a schedule to meet regularly with your CO-OP professional development specialist.
- learn how to go about completing the online international mobility training.
Step 3: Find a job
Here are some resources to help you with your job search.
Step 4: Explore ways to pay for your trip
Look into possibilities for funding, including any scholarships and bursaries you may be eligible for.
Step 5: Training
Complete the online international mobility training
- This session is mandatory if you are about to depart on your CO-OP international work term.
- During this session you will discuss the online training modules you've completed and receive information and materials on safety and emergency procedures.
Step 6: Have a good trip!
All of your time and preparation is about to pay off as you prepare to leave for the amazing work term experience waiting for you.
We invite you to join the CO-OP LinkedIn group to connect with members who have lived similar experiences and to ask any questions you may have.
Follow us and join in the conversations on Twitter!