Step 1: Attend national mobility session
Considering an national work term? Then this information session is a must! Given the challenges with securing an national work term, it is advised that you attend the session scheduled approximately nine months prior to your expected departure.
Step 2: Attend an individual meeting with one of our specialists to get help finding a placement in Canada
After attending the information session, the next step is to meet with a CO-OP professional development specialist.
During this individual consultation you will
- establish and structure your job search plan;
- learn strategies to overcome the typical challenges with an national job search;
- connect with a CO-OP ambassador that has completed an national work term;
- establish a schedule to meet regularly with your CO-OP professional development specialist.
- learn how to go about completing the online national mobility training.
Step 3: Find a job
Here are some resources to help you with your job search.
Step 4: Explore ways to pay for your trip
Look into possibilities for funding, including any scholarships and bursaries you may be eligible for.
Step 5: Training
Complete the online national mobility training on BlackBoard Learn
Step 6: Have a good trip!
All of your time and preparation is about to pay off as you prepare to leave for the amazing work term experience waiting for you.
We invite you to join the CO-OP LinkedIn group to connect with members who have lived similar experiences and to ask any questions you may have.
Follow us and join in the conversations on Twitter!