close up of university of ottawa document seal

Transcripts and academic documents

Do you need a transcript, proof of studies, or copy of your diploma? Here's what you need to know.

Normally, only you, the student, can request copies of your official documents or come and pick them up at InfoService after ordering them online. However, you can authorize a third party to obtain copies of your documents by filling out the Third-Party Authorization Form to Release Student Information (PDF, 613 KB). The form must be sent to [email protected] from your email account or dropped off in person at InfoService (Tabaret Hall, Room 129). Third Party Authorization Forms submitted directly by a third party are not accepted.

Official documents are only issued to students in good financial standing at the University of Ottawa.

In accordance with PCI Security Standards Council policy, the University of Ottawa can no longer accept any official document requests by email as credit card numbers cannot be sent through this medium. Requests can be made through uoZone, in person, by fax or by regular mail.

Students hanging out outdoors on campus

Need help?

To help you with your document requests, consult the Request Official Documents tutorial.
Download the tutorial (PDF, 233.58 KB)

I want a transcript

I want proof of my studies

I want a copy of my diploma

Shipping and handling

Once you have submitted your order, no changes or refunds are possible. Additional fees may apply depending on the method of delivery. We do not deliver diplomas to postal boxes.

  • Regular mail: no shipping fee
  • Express delivery: $23.79 within Canada, $41.13 abroad
  • Document orders may take more time at the following peak periods: May/June, September and January.
  • Enrolment Management is not responsible for lost documents or late delivery by courier or Canada Post.