The U-Pass program has been mandatory since its adoption by student referendum. If you meet one of the exemption criteria, submit your request before the deadline. No other reasons for exemption will be considered.

If you meet one of the exemption criteria, here is the procedure to withdraw from the U-Pass program:

  1. First check that the U-Pass program fees appear on your statement of account.
  2. Fill out the U-Pass exemption request form in uOzone.


  • Fall term and winter or full academic year: September 30, 2021
  • Winter term: February 4, 2022
  • Spring/summer term: May 13, 2022

Once the deadline has passed, the refunded amount will be prorated, based on the date the exemption request was approved and finalized. 

No refunds will be issued retroactively.

All refunds will be credited to the student’s account. If you have a credit on balance, you can request a refund online or simply keep the credit in your account to be applied to a future term.