- Help shape the next generation and make a difference.
- Take advantage of our programs’ hands-on teaching content.
- Benefit from a high demand for teachers, especially for FLS.
- Receive top-notch support and advice from professors who are leaders in their fields.
- Study at the largest bilingual (French-English) university in the world.
- Enjoy flexible, varied career options.
Why choose uOttawa to become a teacher
Teacher Education (B.Ed.)
Be a change maker and become a teacher. Dive into one of Canada's top two-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programs.
Led by a diverse team of education leaders, our programs offer progressive concentrations and cohorts to prepare you to build the sustainable communities of tomorrow by teaching in English-language schools, and offering specialized training for Indigenous teachers.
All of our programs include a mandatory practicum. In order to participate, a vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
Teaching in French-language schools
The uOttawa Faculty of Education and the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
All Teacher Education programs are accredited by the OCT.
After you graduate, the Faculty of Education recommends the OCT to grant the Certificate of Qualification and Registration. The degree allows you to teach in Ontario's English-language schools.
Have a question about our programs?
Are you interested in becoming a teacher in Ontario and wondering how to get started? Perhaps you have questions about the admissions requirements for our programs?
Join one of our question-and-answer sessions. It’s free and no registration is required.
« My time at the University has been an enriching experience. I learned different pedagody and indispensable teaching strategies that allow me to adapt to the students. »
Mariam Wallet Aboubakrine
— Formation à l'enseignement, Bachelor of Education