The Teacher Education program is a two-year full-time hands-on professional program that prepares candidates to teach in Ontario elementary or secondary schools. During the program, you:
- Complete two practica (placements) in Ottawa area schools, where you are mentored by experienced associate teachers, for a minimum of 80 days of school-based teaching experience.
- Experience supportive professional communities of learning that blend theory and practice as you learn to teach.
- Complete all the requirements for a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) and a recommendation for certification by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Foundation, teachable, elective and professional inquiry courses that focus on educational theory and inclusive teaching practices including:
- equity, diversity and inclusion in education
- current curriculum and culturally responsive and relevant pedagogy
- theories of learning and student engagement
- supporting the learning of all
- socio-emotional learning and well-being
- professional practice and standards of professional practice
Before applying, choose in which division you want to teach.