The Teacher Education program is a two-year full-time hands-on professional program that prepares candidates to teach in Ontario elementary or secondary schools. During the program, you:
- Complete two practica (placements) in Ottawa area schools, where you are mentored by experienced associate teachers, for 80 days of school-based teaching experience.
- Learn in different settings and take courses provided through multiple delivery modes.
- Complete all the prerequisites for a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) and a recommendation for certification by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Theoretical and didactics courses that focus on essential aspects of the profession including:
- Digital technologies
- Social inclusion and well-being
- Interdisciplinarity and critical thinking
Before applying, choose in which division you want to teach.