Here you will find the EDI Committee's Terms of Reference, EDI-related resources and updates.
Committee members (2021-2022 academic year)
- Rola Hashem, Student Co-Chair
- Vivian Welch (she/her), Faculty Co-Chair
- Anzo Nguyen (Student Rep)
- Akshitha Keethakumar (Student Rep)
- Melissa Brouwers (she/her) (Director SEPH)
- Peggy Kleinplatz
- Christopher Gravel
- Ian Colman (Director MSc program)
- Kednapa Thavorn (Liaison to FoM EDI)
Terms of Reference
The School of Epidemiology and Public Health launched an inaugural equity, diversity and inclusion committee (EDIC) in July 2020. The decision to launch this committee was based on the increasing recognition of the importance of equity, diversity and inclusion in research environments, including the University of Ottawa participation in the pilot program. EDI is also central to the University of Ottawa which includes a pillar dedicated to internationalization, social accountability and global health.
The Terms of Reference below reflect the direction of the inaugural EDIC and may be amended by the future EDI standing committee.