The School of International Development and Global Studies contributes to the development of knowledge, research and public policy dealing with issues of international development and globalization.
The School espouses a theory of international development relating to the minimization of inequalities, focusing on the peaceful resolution of conflicts, a respect for diversity and an appreciation for citizen engagement.
- Canada’s largest academic unit specializing in international development
- Pursues a mission to engage both theory and practice
- Offers courses abroad in developing and developed countries
- Provides CO-OP option to combine working and learning
- Research intensive with an interdisciplinary PhD in International Development
- Provides networking opportunities in a G7 capital city