- Uphold and pursue the University of Ottawa’s tradition of excellence in research on Francophonie in Ontario, Canada and around the world.
- Promote Francophonie research in connection with the at the University of Ottawa.
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in Francophonie research.
- Foster the development and inclusion of new researchers on the Francophonie from here and elsewhere, at every level (master’s and Ph.D. students, postdocs, interns, researchers and professors).
- Ensure the internal and external visibility of the CRMF research activities, especially through knowledge mobilization.
The chairs will focus on the following research areas: