Any Chaire de recherche sur le monde francophone (CRMF) granted to a researcher is a privilege recognizing and supporting his or her scientific achievements and allowing the University of Ottawa to both increase its expertise in a given area and heighten its national and international profile. For these reasons, the University must periodically assess the accomplishments brought about by its various Chairs.
Chairholders will receive an annual allocation of $25,000 in research funds for the duration of their mandate.
The renewal applications, including external evaluations, are adjudicated based on the following criteria (last five years of the chair mandate):
- The level of research excellence and productivity achieved by the nominee;
- The level of impact and international recognition in the field;
- The ability to have successfully attracted and retained excellent students, trainees and future researchers; and plans to do so in the next chair mandate;
- The relevance of the proposed research program in relation to the University’s ; and
- The originality and quality of the proposed research program.
- The level of consideration of equity, diversity and inclusion principles in research over the first term, and in the proposed second term.
The renewal process, which involves seven steps, is designed to produce a decision before the Chair’s term expires.