- Uphold and strengthen the University of Ottawa’s tradition of excellence in research on the Francophonie in Ontario, in Canada, and around the world.
- Promote research on the Francophonie that ties into the University’s .
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in research on the Francophonie.
- Foster the development and inclusion of new researchers on the Francophonie from here and elsewhere, at every level (master’s and Ph.D. students, postdocs, interns, researchers, and professors).
- Ensure the internal and external visibility of CRMF research activities, especially through knowledge mobilization.
The program aims to invigorate research on the Francophonie. It helps position the University of Ottawa as the leader of choice in Francophonie studies in Ontario and Canada, and as one of the leading institutions on research in French and on Francophonie studies in the world.