To be eligible for admission as a mature applicant, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have spent two or more consecutive years since completing secondary school working or having another non-academic experience (such as volunteering or travelling). This can include part-time, but not full time, postsecondary studies.
- Show academic promise through studies, work and/or personal experience.
- Meet the particular requirements of the program you’re applying to.
- Submit a telling us why you think you have the potential to succeed.
- The decision on your application will depend on the strength of your file and the program you’re applying to. We do not offer a pre-evaluation service. For us to evaluate your file, you must submit an application for admission that includes all necessary documents.
All courses that you have taken to meet a program’s prerequisites must be equivalent to Grade 12 courses. To see these prerequisites, select the province or territory where you’ve studied.
Please note that the requirements listed are minimum requirements only and are subject to change. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.